Like I had said before in this post (here) about tips on how to make working out a bit easier, it’s always good to set small goals during your journey to make the path towards your final goal not seem as long. Like a lot of you may know (otherwise, click here and read all about our hair story) we’re on a hair journey for almost 4 years.
During this time, we have yet to reach our final length goal of our hair reaching waist length, therefore in order for us to remain sane, we made a few small goals just to get our minds off of that fact.
Setting small goals helps to stay motivated, especially since, let’s be honest, it can get a bit tiring to always do the same routine day in and day out, without seeing immediate results. So, if you keep on setting and reaching small goals, your mind will be off of the fact that you still have a long way to go until you reach your final goal and the years will just fly by.
Like I had previously said, I still haven’t reached my final goal, but I have reached a few of my small goals, so I thought it would be a fun idea to show you a few of my hair goals so that we can all try them together.
That being said, here goes my list of goals that I have reached so far:
- Tilt my head and see my hair through my armpit:
- Thick and long braids that are at least APL (Arm Pit Length):
- Length of hair resting on objects:
- Big buns even when hair is straightened:
- Put all of my hair back without needing any clips or a headband:
- Touch my hair from the back without practically breaking my arm:
- Have my hair get stuck inside my clothes:
- Long ponytails that are at least APL (Arm Pit Length):
And here is a list of goals I still have not reached:
- Looking straight ahead and seeing my hair from under my arm
- Long ponytail braids (that are at least APL)
- Being able to do very intricate hairstyles (such as wedding styles) without using clip ins
- Having the ends of my hair get stuck in my high-waisted jeans
- Lastly, have waist length hair (final goal)
In the comments, tell me if you’ve reached any of the goals I mentioned above or if not, tell me what your hair goals are, short or long term.
I hope you enjoyed this post as much I enjoyed making it and hopefully, it helps you keep patient during this journey!