As I have returned to Canada from my amazing trip to to the UK, I am settling back in to my usual routine. This includes my skin routine. It’s funny how whenever there are changes in our daily life the first thing that is impacted is our skin. Even with good weather and healthy food choices, our skin reflects what is going on in our daily lives.
For a very long time I did not have a set routine, which is a problem not only because my skin loves to surprise me but also because as someone that lives in Canada, the weather is all over the place. So I have developed a simple routine that changes according to how my skin behaves and with what I have in hand.
Bliss Fabulous Skin-Reviving Rubberizing mask/Rose Water/ Nutiva Coconut Oil/ Arbonne Gently Daily Cleanser/ Origins GinZing Energy-boosting Moisturiser/ Arbonne Soothing Facial Serum/OLEHENRIKSEN walnut complexion scrub
- I wash my face twice daily, but only once I use a cleanser. I have to remind you that I do not wear make-up everyday so there isn’t much that I’m cleaning up. Also, my breakouts have gotten under control since I started having a routine, so that is another reason that I do not use any products twice. In the morning I just wash my face with water and at night I use the Arbonne Gently Daily Cleanser.
- I exfoliate whenever I see fit. Because my skin is so sensitive, doing it weekly ends up making me break out. So I usually exfoliate every two weeks, but only if I do not wear any make-up in those two weeks. I use the OLEHENRIKSEN walnut complexion scrub for two reasons: it is really mild and does not have microbeads. Microbeads are really bad for the environment as they are not filtered by wastewater treatment so they end up in our waterway. So fish can ingest them and since we eat fish, in turn we ingest the microbeads as well.
- A toner is used to adjust the pH of our skin, but I have been unlucky in finding a toner that does not make my skin sensitive. So what I use as a toner is rose water. It makes my skin feel amazing and it’s so mild. Do make sure you use something organic or as pure as possible because the scent tends to be more tolerable. If you still don’t like the smell of Rose Water, you can use Witch Hazel Water.
Oil and Serum
- I go back and forth with these two. I am using the Arbonne Soothing Facial Serum after my toner and before my moisturizer. This makes sure my skin is moisturised during these cold winter months. However sometimes, especially when it’s as low as -35, I put on some coconut oil so that my skin remains radiant. Honestly, coconut oil is amazing and can be used in so many ways, that I just had to put it on the list.
- I looooooooove face masks! They are amazing for a quick fix regardless of what your skin is lacking. Since I was traveling and neglected my face for a bit, I used the Bliss Fabulous Skin-Reviving Rubberizing mask to awaken my skin. There are many masks in the market and my favorites are the ones from Origins, so much so that I had none left! But you can always make homemade masks, as there are so many amazing recipes out there (soon, including on our blog).
- Lastly, but definitely not least is a moisturiser. I cannot live without lotion or my skin will be so tight I will look like I got botox. I am in love with the Origins GinZing Energy-boosting Moisturiser. It is moisturizing but not greasy or too rich. This is my winter moisturizer, but during the summer I use the Arbonne moisturizer from the same line as the other products I showed.
I hope this list was helpful for those of you who are looking to either start or update their skin routine. Let me know about some of your beauty staples and if you have any tips to share with us.
– Ci (C)